Updated: Feb 28, 2019
So your having a great summer so far the sun is most definitely shining but how do we keep our skin safe from those UVA & UVB rays….
Getting to know your skin is so important you know best how your skin reacts in the sun. You don’t need to peel to get sun burnt if your skin has gone pink or red in the sun that’s sun burn and its’ very dangerous. You cant always see the damage that’s been done. So here are our top 5 tips on keeping your skin safe in the sun….
1. Check the UV index for that day…. The UV index scale says: 1-2 you can safely stay outside. 3-5 risk of sunburn. 6-7 seek shade 11am – 3pm. 8 – 11 very high risk of sunburn sun protection is important for all skins!
2. Enjoy the shade….. Between 11am and 3pm the sun is at its peak so take this opportunity to enjoy some cool breeze in the shade, under umbrellas, trees or canopies. G&T anyone?
3. Cover up…. Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes and a hat to protect your face and the back of your neck from the sun. A t-shirt will help protect your skin too by covering your chest and shoulders.
4. Use that factor 50! Yes everyday apply factor 50 to your face we cant stress enough to protect your face from the sun. Use a sunscreen with at least SPF15 and don’t be shy with it but remember sunscreen doesn’t give you 100% protection from the sun.
5. Stay hydrated….. It’s really important to stay hydrated and drink extra water that usual. The Sun is ageing and breaks down collagen faster in our skin, which results in fine lines and wrinkles. Taking a collagen supplement like Beautycoll collagen drinks help replace lost collagen and stimulate the body’s own natural collagen process.
So that’s our 5 top tips to staying safe in the sun this summer. Don’t forget the sun does have benefits. We need sunshine to make Vitamin D to help keep bones strong and healthy. There is no reason to totally avoid the sun altogether just remember to stay safe.